I can hardly believe it's the end of October. Before long we'll be singing Christmas carols and then ushering in a New Year. But first things first. Today I'm sharing with you a recipe for a halloween (or insert whatever holiday) party mix. The first time I made this was many years ago, but it left a good enough lasting impression that I whipped it up again this past weekend. It's quite versatile in adding whatever mixin's you want. Just be prepared to put on your elastic waist pants while consuming, as it is quite ADDICTIVE.
Here's Bianca waiting for all the little goblins and gouls tonight. I hope you all have a chocolatey filled Halloween night.
halloween party mix
recipe adapted from very best baking
9 cups Chex cereal
1 1/2 cups peanuts
1 1/2 cups pretzels
1 bag of Reece's Pieces
1 cup candy corn
1 1/2 cups chocolate covered peanuts
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 250° F.
2. Grease large roasting pan.
3. Mix cereal, peanuts and pretzels in large bowl. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in medium, heavy-duty pot. Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
5. Boil, without stirring, for 5 minutes.
6. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda.
7. Pour evenly over cereal mixture, stir to coat evenly.
8. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
9. Cool compltely in pan, stirring frequently to break apart mix.
10. Stir in choc covered peanuts and candy corn
Store in airtight container and enjoy!!