Monday, April 2, 2012

florida getaway


After a relaxing week in Florida where the sun never stopped shining, I am back home in Ontario, where the temperatures have done a nose dive from where they were when I left a week ago. I left Mike back in Tampa for a few more days for his "annual boys only sports trip."  I know...not fair, at all.

But really, I'm just grateful to have had the chance to get away and spend some time relaxing in the sunshine before the move, which is a mere 26 days a way. But I don't want to think of the fact that I haven't started packing yet. I'd much rather reminisce about my vacation.


The first night, after exploring Clearwater and lying in the sun by the ocean, we headed to a restaurant called, "Cristino's Coal Oven Pizza."  The ambience and staff were great, but most of all, the pizza was spectacular.  Thin, crispy crust with fresh toppings and fresh storemade gelato for dessert, which they bring around in little tester spoons after your meal.  Truly tempting, so how could I resist and not order a delicious combination of hazelnut and roasted almond? 

sooooo good.....

After dinner it was time to visit the ocean again before retiring for the night, after all we'd been up since 3:00 a.m. to catch a 6:00 a.m. flight. 

While in Clearwater, we pretty much relaxed by the pool or at the beach.  However, we did go on a couple of excursions, one to Tarpon Springs where we visited the sponge docks and had lunch at a greek restaurant.

  
I had no idea that sponges were harvested from the ocean.  Who knew?


Another day a trolley took us to a historic community in Tampa called Ybor. The aroma of Cuban coffee filled the air and there was no shortage of shops selling hand-rolled cigars. 

hanging with the mayor :)


enjoying espresso in ybor
It was a wonderful relaxing vacation and now it's time to switch into get ready for Easter mode and get packing mode. 

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment