Friday, February 24, 2012

i run



Running. 

I have a love-hate relationship with it.  It's how I lost my excess weight 7 years ago. 
It's part of what I do to maintain a healthy weight.  It's what I do more of when the scale starts creeping up due to too many indulgences.  

I want to run a half marathon one day.  I admire marathon runners. Michael's sister is an avid runner and ran the Boston last year.  She will be running in the NY marathon later this year.  I aspire to be a better runner because people like her. 


I'm a fair weather runner when it comes to running outdoors.  Conditions have to be optimal (sunny and warm) in order for me to venture outside.  Otherwise, you'll find me on my treadmill. I came across this sample boredom buster run the other day and have tried it a couple of times.  It makes your run feel quick and less boring and you'll likely be a sweaty mess when you're done.  But it's all good.  

3.25 mile run (31.23 minutes)

Time
Speed
Warmup (2 min)
4.0 mph
1-2 mins
6.1
2-4 mins
6.2
4-6
6.3
6-8
6.4
8-12
6.5
12-16
6.6
16-20
6.7
20-24
6.8
24-28
6.9
28-32
7.0

here's some motivation to get you going this weekend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment